COLLECTING VA/GI BILL® BENEFITS AT COM
Benefits are paid to eligible veterans, dependents, reservists, and service members while they are in an approved training program.
- A veteran who has served on active duty?
- A reservist?
- A dependent of a veteran who is deceased or has a service-connected disability?
If so, you may be eligible for the GI Bill®and other educational benefits. The eligibility of Veterans, Servicemembers and dependents for benefits is determined by the Department of Veterans Affairs. If you have questions regarding your eligibility, call the VA toll free at 1 (888) 442-4551(1-888-GI-BILL) or visit the Department of Veterans Affairs web site. The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) provides education benefits to eligible Servicemembers, Veterans, and certain dependents and survivors. You may receive financial support for undergraduate/graduate degrees, vocational and technical training, licensing and certification test, apprenticeships/on-the-job training, and more.
College of Marin (COM) is approved by the California State Approving Agency for Veteran Education (CSAAVE) and the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) for the training of veterans and veteran’s dependents.
College of Marin is approved to certify eligible students who are interested in:
- Completing an associate degree program listed in the COM catalog.
- Completing a certificate program listed in the COM catalog.
- Transferring to four-year institutions in which COM has an articulation agreement.
Information regarding benefits, grants, scholarships, and more: