The Associated Students of College of Marin (ASCOM) are committed to:
- Representing students to the college, to the community, and to the legislative bodies
- Serving as role models while protecting and advancing the rights and interests of students
- Encouraging education, leadership, and participation in democratic processes
- Providing information and activities that positively influence campus life, while welcoming diversity and encouraging scholastic success.
FALL 2018 MEETINGS - The Associated Students of College of Marin (ASCOM) fall 2018 meetings are held in the ASCOM workroom, Student Services building, room 241, Kentfield Campus. Meetings are held on Friday's from 9:00-11:00am, excluding campus closures.
Questions? Please contact: email@example.com
Please check back at the end of fall 2018 for more information about 19-20 election.
To be eligible to run, candidates must fulfill the following requirements:
1. Be enrolled in 5 units per semester in credit classes of the 2-semester term.
2. Maintain a GPA of 2.5.
*DETAILS ABOUT SPECIFIC POSITIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES ARE PROVIDED IN THE ELECTION PACKET.
BOARD Members 2018-2019
|Student Trustee||Jadon Seitz|
|Student Activities and Services Senator||Andrea Thach|
Student Activities and Services Senator
|Public Relations and Marketing Senator||Fernando Sanchez Lopez|
Public Relations and Marketing Senator
|Technology Senator||Paula D. Sullivan|
|State Student Senate Representative||Laurie Pennisi|
Sadika Sulaiman Hara
Director of Student Activities & Advocacy Office (SAA)
Equity and Activities Program Coordinator, SAA
Administrative Assistant, SAA
Governance Committees - build your professional skills
- Understand the President's goals.
- Develop model of communication between Student Bodies (ASCOM, ESCOM)
Increase Student Involvement
- Motivate Participation in Student Activities/Campus Events
Student Services Review
- Review Bookstore and Text Buying Policy
GOVERNANCE COMMITTEE REPRESENTATIVES
College Council: Liam Campbell and Hellen Sigaran
Governance Review Council: Gabby Hojilla
Educational Planning Committee: Fernando Sanchez Lopez and Laurel Lalvorson
Technology Planning Committee: vacant
Professional Development Committee: Fitry Rahmadianty
Facilities Planning Committee: Janelle La Chaux
Instructional Equipment Committee: Paula Denise Sullivan
Planning and Resource Allocation Committee: vacant
Guidance, Resources, Integration, and Transformation (GRIT) Committee: Laurie Pennisi
*Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Action (IDEA) Committee: Andrea Thach
NOTE: IDEA Committee reports directly to the President/Superintendent.
Academic Standards Committee: 1 Vacancy
Curriculum Committee: 1 Vacancy
District Modernization Committee:1 Vacancy
To join or receive more information, visit the ASCOM office in Student Services, 241 at KTD or Building 27, 117 off of the Internet Cafe.