The Associated Students of College of Marin (ASCOM) are committed to:
- Representing students to the college, to the community, and to the legislative bodies
- Serving as role models while protecting and advancing the rights and interests of students
- Encouraging education, leadership, and participation in democratic processes
- Providing information and activities that positively influence campus life, while welcoming diversity and encouraging scholastic success.
ASCOM MEETINGS - The Associated Students of College of Marin (ASCOM) meetings are held in the ASCOM workroom, Student Services building, room 241, Kentfield Campus. MEETING DAY AND TIME FOR FALL 2019 TBD. Please note that there are no meetings during scheduled holidays and campus closures.
Questions? Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
ELECTIONS WILL BE HELD IN SPRING 2020 - Please check back in February.
To be eligible to run, candidates must fulfill the following requirements:
1. Be enrolled in 5 units per semester in credit classes of the 2-semester term.
2. Maintain a GPA of 2.5.
BOARD Members 2019-2020
|Fernando Sanchez Lopez|
|Student Trustee||Gabby Hojilla|
|Student Activities and Services Senator|
Student Activities and Services Senator
|Public Relations and Marketing Senator|
Public Relations and Marketing Senator
|Technology Senator||Kai Konishi Gray|
|State Student Senate Representative||Luc Citroen|
|Emeritus Representative||Denize Springer|
Sadika Sulaiman Hara
Director of Student Activities & Advocacy Office (SAA)
Equity and Activities Program Coordinator, SAA
Governance Committees - build your professional skills
- Understand the President's goals.
- Develop model of communication between Student Bodies (ASCOM, ESCOM)
Increase Student Involvement
- Motivate Participation in Student Activities/Campus Events
Student Services Review
- Review Bookstore and Text Buying Policy
GOVERNANCE COMMITTEE REPRESENTATIVES
All student representatives will receive a notation on their official transcript for their service.
College Council: Hellen Sigaran and Fernando Sanchez Lopez
Governance Review Council: vacant
Educational Planning Committee: Fernando Sanchez Lopez
Technology Planning Committee: vacant
Professional Development Committee: vacant
Facilities Planning Committee: vacant
Instructional Equipment Committee: vacant
Planning and Resource Allocation Committee: vacant
Guidance, Resources, Integration, and Transformation (GRIT) Committee: vacant
*Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Action (IDEA) Committee: Andrea Thach and Hellen Sigaran
NOTE: IDEA Committee reports directly to the President/Superintendent.
Academic Standards Committee: 1 Vacancy
Curriculum Committee: 1 Vacancy
District Modernization Committee:1 Vacancy
To join or receive more information, visit the ASCOM office in Student Services, 241 at KTD or Building 27, 117 off of the Internet Cafe.