The Associated Students of College of Marin (ASCOM) are committed to:
- Representing students to the college, to the community, and to the legislative bodies
- Serving as role models while protecting and advancing the rights and interests of students
- Encouraging education, leadership, and participation in democratic processes
- Providing information and activities that positively influence campus life, while welcoming diversity and encouraging scholastic success.
The Associated Students of College of Marin (ASCOM) spring 2018 meetings are held in the ASCOM workroom, Student Services building, room 241, Kentfield Campus. Meetings will be held on Monday's from 3-5pm, excluding campus closures.
Questions? Please contact: email@example.com
There are still ASCOM Board vacancies on the 18-19 Board. For more information on positions and their responsibilities, please review the election packet.
Statements of Intent are due on Thursday, May 31, 2018 by 5:00 p.m. for the the 18-19 ASCOM Board to review and vote on this summer. Please bring them to Student Services, room 251 or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
To be eligible to run, candidates must fulfill the following requirements:
1. Be enrolled in 5 units per semester in credit classes of the 2-semester term.
2. Maintain a GPA of 2.5.
*DETAILS ABOUT SPECIFIC POSITIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES ARE PROVIDED IN THE ELECTION PACKET.
BOARD Members 2017-2018
President Ismail Azam - email@example.com
Vice President Mercedes Sosa Cordero - firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer Diana Patricia Mosquera - email@example.com
Secretary Claire Zerbe - firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Student Activities Kahlil Gray - email@example.com
Director of Student Services Janelle La Chaux - firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Public Relations Liam Campbell - email@example.com
Director of Technology Aubrey Dougherty - firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Trustee Amy Diaz - email@example.com
State Student Senate Representative Laurie Pennisi - firstname.lastname@example.org
Emeritus Representatives Kevin Colgate - email@example.com
Sadika Sulaiman Hara
Director of Student Activities & Advocacy Office (SAA)
Equity and Activities Program Coordinator, SAA
Administrative Assistant, SAA
Governance Committees - Benefits
- Understand the President's goals.
- Develop model of communication between Student Bodies (ASCOM, ESCOM)
Increase Student Involvement
- Motivate Participation in Student Activities/Campus Events
Student Services Review
- Review Bookstore and Text Buying Policy
GOVERNANCE COMMITTEE REPRESENTATIVES
College Council: Ismail Azam and Mercedes Sosa Cordero
Governance Review Council: Laurie Pennisi
Educational Planning Committee: Amy Diaz
Technology Planning Committee: vacant
Professional Development Committee: vacant
Facilities Planning Committee: Janelle La Chaux
Instructional Equipment Committee: vacant
Planning and Resource Allocation Committee: Josef Rein
Student Access and Success Committee: vacant
Academic Standards Committee: 1 Vacancy
Curriculum Committee: 1 Vacancy
District Modernization Committee:1 Vacancy
To join or receive more information, visit the ASCOM office in Student Services, 241 at KTD or Building 27, 117 off of the Internet Cafe.