The Associated Students of College of Marin (ASCOM) are committed to:
- Representing students to the college, to the community, and to the legislative bodies
- Serving as role models while protecting and advancing the rights and interests of students
- Encouraging education, leadership, and participation in democratic processes
- Providing information and activities that positively influence campus life, while welcoming diversity and encouraging scholastic success.
The Associated Students of College of Marin (ASCOM) spring 2018 meetings are held in the ASCOM workroom, Student Services building, room 241, Kentfield Campus. Meetings will be held on Monday's from 3-5pm, excluding campus closures.
Questions? Please contact: email@example.com
Please check back at the end of fall 2018 for more information about 19-20 election.
To be eligible to run, candidates must fulfill the following requirements:
1. Be enrolled in 5 units per semester in credit classes of the 2-semester term.
2. Maintain a GPA of 2.5.
*DETAILS ABOUT SPECIFIC POSITIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES ARE PROVIDED IN THE ELECTION PACKET.
BOARD Members 2018-2019
|Student Trustee||Jadon Seitz|
|Student Activities and Services Senator||Andrea Thach|
Student Activities and Services Senator
|Public Relations and Marketing Senator||Fernando Sanchez Lopez|
Public Relations and Marketing Senator
|Technology Senator||Paula D. Sullivan|
|State Student Senate Representative||Laurie Pennisi|
Sadika Sulaiman Hara
Director of Student Activities & Advocacy Office (SAA)
Equity and Activities Program Coordinator, SAA
Administrative Assistant, SAA
Governance Committees - build your professional skills
- Understand the President's goals.
- Develop model of communication between Student Bodies (ASCOM, ESCOM)
Increase Student Involvement
- Motivate Participation in Student Activities/Campus Events
Student Services Review
- Review Bookstore and Text Buying Policy
GOVERNANCE COMMITTEE REPRESENTATIVES
College Council: Liam Campbell and Hellen Sigaran
Governance Review Council: Laurie Pennisi
Educational Planning Committee: vacant
Technology Planning Committee: vacant
Professional Development Committee: vacant
Facilities Planning Committee: Janelle La Chaux
Instructional Equipment Committee: vacant
Planning and Resource Allocation Committee: vacant
Student Access and Success Committee: vacant
Academic Standards Committee: 1 Vacancy
Curriculum Committee: 1 Vacancy
District Modernization Committee:1 Vacancy
To join or receive more information, visit the ASCOM office in Student Services, 241 at KTD or Building 27, 117 off of the Internet Cafe.