SAA approves student, department, and community flyers for posting and schedules reservations of common spaces in the Student Services Building, Kentfield Campus.
Flyers and Posters
There is one dedicated board in the Student Services building entrance for jobs and community events. You must provide the SAA office with one copy. Posting is done weekly by SAA staff. First priority is given to College of Marin events and information, on a space-available basis. Lowest priority is given to off campus commercial advertisements. Any posting on these boards lacking the appropriate approval stamp or is incongruent with the mission of the College, policies, and/or procedures will be removed. The location of this board is at the entrance of the Student Services Building, Kentfield Campus.
PLEASE DO NOT post on windows, trees, or walls. Flyers and posters will be removed immediately.
For any student organizations/clubs hosting a bake sale or serving food, you must adhere to the following guidelines:
Safe steps in food handling, cooking, and storage are essential to prevent foodborne illness. You can't see, smell, or taste harmful bacteria that may cause illness. In every step of food preparation, follow the four steps of the Food Safe Families campaign to keep food safe:
- Clean — Wash hands and surfaces often.
- Separate — Don't cross-contaminate.
- Cook — Cook to the right temperature.
- Chill — Refrigerate promptly.
- Gloves must be worn when serving food.
- Hot food should be held at 140 °F (60 °C) or warmer.
- Cold food should be held at 40 °F (4.4 ºC) or colder.
- When serving food at a buffet, keep food hot with chafing dishes, slow cookers, and warming trays. Keep food cold by nesting dishes in bowls of ice or use small serving trays and replace them often.
- Perishable food should not be left out more than 2 hours at room temperature—1 hour when the temperature is above 90 °F (32.2 ºC).
For more information visit the USDA.