LAEP (Learning Alignment Employment Program) allows a participating student to conduct research that relates to the student’s area of study, career objective, or the exploration of career objectives. Research is not limited to scientific research and can take place outside of an academic discipline.
Wage: minimum $17.50/Hour, depending on a student’s financial need, position and award eligibility.
Time: Work 25 hrs/week max
Mentored Research: LAEP allows a participating student to conduct research as a Research Assistant that relates to the student’s area of study, career objective, or the exploration of career objectives. Research is not limited to scientific research and can take place outside of an academic discipline.
You are eligible to apply if you meet the following criteria:
- Enrolled at least half-time at College of Marin.
- Have demonstrated financial need.
- CA resident.
- Are eligible to work in the U.S.
- Be in good academic standing with your school and major.
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements.
- Priority will be given to eligible students who are first-generation college students, current/former foster youth, homeless, or at risk of being homeless.
Active LAEP Internships
If you're interested in working with a professor whose class you're currently taking, visit them during their office hours. Visit your department's website to search for faculty whose work aligns with your research interests, and reach out to them with a brief introductory email.
Employers & Organizations: