Zoom Appointment Schedule
|Monday||9 am – 2 pm
5 pm – 6:30 pm
|Tuesday||9 am – 2 pm
5 pm – 6:30 pm
|Wednesday||9 am – 2 pm
5 pm – 6:30 pm
|Thursday||9 am – 2 pm
5 pm – 6:30 pm
|Friday||9 am — 2 pm|
The ESL Online Lab provides help with your classes, a place to practice your English, and guidance on how to find books and reading materials from local libraries.
There will be an ESL Instructor in this virtual lab for all hours listed in the Zoom schedule.
In the ESL Online Lab, you can work
- with other students
- alone with an instructor
- in small groups with an instructor to discuss similar concerns
Zoom links to the ESL Online Lab will available in your Canvas Course or provided by your ESL instructor.
Science, Math, Nursing Building, Kentfield Campus
|Monday||9 am – 7 pm|
|Tuesday||9 am – 7 pm|
|Wednesday||9 am – 7 pm|
|Thursday||9 am – 7 pm|
|Friday||9 am – 2 pm|
The Math Lab is staffed by COM Math Instructors and Instructional Specialists who offer free, drop-in tutoring for all currently-enrolled COM Math students. The information for how to connect to the Math Lab is in your Canvas portal. Log in, choose Student Support in the left navigation bar and click on Math Lab.
(415) 457-8811 ext. 7608
Mathlab Instructional Specialists
All Zoom tutoring sessions are available on a drop-in basis.
|Monday||10 am – 5 pm|
|Tuesday||10 am – 6 pm|
|Wednesday||10 am – 6 pm|
|Thursday||10 am – 5 pm|
|Friday||10 am – 3 pm|
The Tutoring and Learning Center (TLC) at College of Marin offers free peer-tutoring for currently enrolled students in a variety of subjects including biology, business, chemistry, foreign languages, medical assisting, math, and more! All tutors are faculty recommended and have completed a course in tutor training.
Zoom Appointment Schedule Summer 2021
|Monday||11 am — 7 pm|
|Tuesday||10 am — 7 pm|
|Wednesday||11 am — 5 pm|
|Thursday||10 am — 3 pm|
Students in any class at College of Marin can schedule an online, real-time tutoring appointment with an instructor from the Reading and Writing Lab. Each appointment is 20 minutes long.
To schedule a virtual Reading and Writing Lab appointment:
- Login to schedule a virtual RWL appointment.
- Once scheduled, you and the instructor/tutor will receive a link to a Zoom meeting via email.
- At the time of the appointment, join the meeting via the Zoom link.
- The instructor may ask you to share your rough draft through Zoom or to e-mail your rough draft.
- Please cancel the appointment if you are unable to attend.
The Reading and Writing Lab is a resource for all readers and writers, not just students working on papers for English courses. We encourage students from all courses, as well as those working on college entrance essays, to take advantage of the services we have available. Writers may work with instructors and instructional specialists in a one-on-one tutoring session at any point in the reading and writing process, from understanding an assigned reading, to brainstorming for a topic, to developing and organizing ideas, to learning effective editing strategies. The RWL also assists students with transfer, scholarship, and job applications, including resumes and cover letters.
You can find all guidelines for making an RWL appointment and joining a tutoring session by Zoom on the RWL/OWC Canvas page. To access this page, click on the Student Support icon, click the Reading/Writing Lab & OWC link, and follow the instructions to enroll.
OR, download Instructions for scheduling RWL appointment (PDF)
The OWC is just a click away!
Free online writing tutoring is available to all currently enrolled COM students. The Online Writing Center (OWC) is open from Monday - Friday during the summer for students to submit their work and is staffed with experienced COM tutors who help students with their questions. The site includes helpful grammar and composition links, as well as instructional materials about all aspects of the writing process. The COM writing tutors can help you with:
- Writing assignments for all college subjects
- Brainstorming, essay and paragraph organization, idea development, research, and grammar
- College entrance essays, UC/CSU applications
- Scholarship applications
- Resumes and cover letters
To access the RWL/OWC homepage in Canvas, please follow these instructions:
- Log into Canvas
- Click the Student Support icon located on the main navigation menu
- Click the Reading/Writing Lab & OWC link
- Click the Enroll in RWL/OWC link
- Click the Enroll in Course button
- You will now have the RWL/OWC course in Canvas on your dashboard
Then, follow these steps to request online tutoring assistance:
- Click on OWC Tutoring Request.
- Review our OWC Tutoring Student Guidelines.
- Click on the Submit OWC Tutoring Request link. You will be directed to a form to complete your request on the College of Marin website (Note: You may be required to re-enter your MyCOM login information)
- Complete all required components of the form.
- If submitting a paper, upload a Word document at the end of the form.
Communicating with your Instructional Specialist
- An instructional specialist will respond to your request within 24 hours (36 hours during busy times).
- An email from an instructional specialist will be sent to your MyCOM email address. (NOT your Canvas mail). Be sure to check your MyCOM e-mail.
- You can reply to your assigned instructional specialist directly from your MyCOM email.
- The instructional specialist will close the ticket once he/she has responded to your request; if you have another question, please submit a new tutoring request.
Important troubleshooting information:
If you do not receive an e-mail with your OWC feedback within 36 hours, you can find your feedback by logging in to the Service Desk. To do this, log into MyCOM, click on Service Desk, and click on Submit a Ticket. You will then be able to view any tickets you have submitted.
If you have forwarded your MyCOM e-mail to your personal e-mail address, this may cause non-delivery of some OWC responses, but you can still find the responses by logging in to the Service Desk.
Beth Sheofsky, RWL/OWC Coordinator