Academic Center (AC)
|Monday||9 am – 2 pm
5 pm – 6:30 pm
|Tuesday||9 am – 2 pm
5 pm – 6:30 pm
|Wednesday||9 am – 2 pm
5 pm – 6:30 pm
|Thursday||9 am – 2 pm
5 pm – 6:30 pm
|Friday||9 am — 2 pm|
The ESL Lab provides help with your classes, a place to practice your English, and guidance on how to find books and reading materials from local libraries.
There will be an ESL Instructor in this lab for all hours listed in the schedule.
In the ESL Lab, you can work
- with other students
- alone with an instructor
- in small groups with an instructor to discuss similar concerns
Science, Math, Nursing (SMN) Building
|Monday||4 pm – 5:30 pm||9 am – 7 pm|
|Tuesday||4 pm – 5:30 pm||9 am – 7 pm|
|Wednesday||4 pm – 5:30 pm||9 am – 7 pm|
|Thursday||4 pm – 5:30 pm||9 am – 7 pm|
|Friday||—||10 am – 3 pm|
The Math Lab is staffed by COM Math Instructors and Instructional Specialists who offer free, drop-in tutoring for all currently-enrolled COM Math students. The information for how to connect to the Math Lab is in your Canvas portal. Log in, choose Student Support in the left navigation bar and click on Math Lab.
(415) 457-8811 ext. 7608
Mathlab Instructional Specialists
Luis Tercero Lopez
All Zoom tutoring sessions are available on a drop-in basis.
|Monday||10 am – 5 pm|
|Tuesday||10 am – 6 pm|
|Wednesday||10 am – 6 pm|
|Thursday||10 am – 5 pm|
|Friday||10 am – 3 pm|
The Tutoring and Learning Center (TLC) at College of Marin offers free peer-tutoring for currently enrolled students in a variety of subjects including biology, business, chemistry, foreign languages, medical assisting, math, and more! All tutors are faculty recommended and have completed a course in tutor training.
The Reading and Writing Lab is a resource for all students, not just those working on papers for English courses. We encourage students from all courses and those working on college entrance essays to take advantage of our services. Students may work with instructors and professional tutors in a one-on-one tutoring session at any point in the reading and writing process, from understanding an assigned reading to brainstorming for a topic, developing and organizing ideas, to learning effective editing strategies. The RWL also assists with transfer, scholarship, and job applications, including resumes and cover letters.
You can drop in to work with an instructor or professional tutor on campus in PV4, Kentfield Campus, or make a 25-minute appointment on Zoom. You can find all guidelines for making an RWL appointment on Zoom on the RWL/OWC Canvas page. (To access this page, click the Student Support icon, click the Reading/Writing Lab & OWC link, and follow the instructions to enroll.)
Zoom Appointments and In-Person Drop-in Hours Available
Online: Schedule an Appointment Online
PV 4, Kentfield Campus
|Monday||8 am — 5 pm||12 pm — 3 pm
5 pm – 8 pm
|Tuesday||8 am — 5 pm||9 am — 3 pm
5 pm — 8 pm
|Wednesday||8 am — 5 pm||1 pm — 3 pm
5 pm — 8 pm
|Thursday||8 am — 6 pm||12 pm — 8 pm|
|Friday||11 am – 2 pm||9 am – 11 am|
|9 am – 12 pm|
Building 7, Room 103
Indian Valley Campus
|Thursday||12:15 pm – 1:15 pm||NA|
To schedule a Zoom RWL appointment:
- Login to schedule a virtual RWL appointment.
- Click on “Make Appointment.” Select the date and times that work for you and click on “Find Appointments.”
- Select a day and time for an “Online Zoom appointment”
- On the next page, confirm your e-mail address. Click “Continue.”
- Once scheduled, you and the instructor will receive a confirmation email with the link to the Zoom meeting.
At the time of the appointment, join the online meeting via the Zoom link. (The instructor may ask you to share your rough draft through Zoom or e-mail your rough draft.)
Please cancel the appointment if you are unable to attend.
The OWC is just a click away!
Free online writing tutoring is available to all currently enrolled COM students. The Online Writing Center (OWC) is open seven days a week for students to submit their work and is staffed with professional tutors who help students with their questions. The site includes helpful grammar and composition links, as well as instructional materials about all aspects of the writing process. The COM writing tutors can help you with:
- Reading and writing assignments for all college subjects
- Brainstorming, essay and paragraph organization, idea development, research, and grammar
- Developing critical thinking skills
- College entrance essays, UC/CSU applications
- Scholarship applications
- Resumes and cover letters
To access the RWL/OWC homepage in Canvas, please follow these instructions:
- Log into Canvas from the MyCOM Portal or go to the RWL/OWC Canvas page.
- Click the Student Support icon on the main navigation menu OR click on the COM Online Tutoring/Labs link in the course navigation bar in the left-hand column within your course.
- Click the Reading/Writing Lab & OWC link.
- Click the Enroll in Course button.
You will now have the RWL/OWC course in Canvas on your dashboard. You can find all guidelines and instructions for accessing tutoring on this Canvas page.
Then, follow these steps to request online tutoring assistance:
- Click on OWC Tutoring Request.
- Review our OWC Tutoring Student Guidelines.
- Click on the Submit OWC Tutoring Request link. You will be directed to a form to complete your request on the College of Marin website (Note: You may be required to re-enter your MyCOM login information)
- Complete all required components of the form.
- If submitting a paper, upload a Word document at the end of the form.
Communicating with your Tutor
- An English tutor will respond to your request within 36 hours.
- You can find your feedback by logging in to the Service Desk. To do this, log into MyCOM, click on Service Desk, and click on Submit a Ticket. You will then be able to view any tickets you have submitted.
- In addition, an email from the tutor will be sent to your MyCOM email address (NOT your Canvas mail). You can reply to the tutor directly from your MyCOM email.
- The tutor will close the ticket once he/she has responded to your request; if you have another question, please submit a new tutoring request.
Important troubleshooting information:
If you do not receive an e-mail with your OWC feedback within 36 hours, you can find your feedback by logging in to the Service Desk.
If you have forwarded your MyCOM e-mail to your personal e-mail address, this may cause non-delivery of some OWC responses, but you can still find the responses by logging in to the Service Desk.