ASCOM 2023-2024 ELECTIONS COMING SOON!
The Associated Students of College of Marin (ASCOM) are committed to:
- Representing students to the college, to the community, and to the legislative bodies
- Serving as role models while protecting and advancing the rights and interests of students
- Encouraging education, leadership, and participation in democratic processes
- Providing information and activities that positively influence campus life, while welcoming diversity and encouraging scholastic success.
Requirements to run for ASCOM:
Must have completed 12 units
Must have a minimum GPA of 2.5
Must be currently enrolled in 6 units
Must be in good academic and student conduct standing
Must follow all of the election policies of the Education Code
Must complete the Election Packet 2021-2022, attend a candidate orientation, and meet deadlines outlined in the packet.
ASCOM SPRING MEETINGS
Fridays at 11:15 a.m.
LOCATION: Join in person in Student Services, room 254 or Zoom (ID:82787468225)
Please note that there are no meetings during scheduled holidays and campus closures.
ASCOM Board Fall Office Hours
Visit ASCOM room in Student Services, room 254 for more information.
We want to see you at our events and get involved!
Questions? Please contact: email@example.com
2023-2024 ASCOM BOARD
|Student Trustee||Ryan Barbosa|
|Student Activities and Services Senator|
Student Activities and Services Senator
|Public Relations and Marketing Senator||
Public Relations and Marketing Senator
|State Student Senate Representative|
Sadika Sulaiman Hara
Director of Student Activities & Advocacy Office (SAA)
Equity and Activities Program Coordinator, SAA
Governance Committees - build your professional skills
- Understand the President's goals.
- Develop model of communication between campus constituents.
Increase Student Involvement
- Motivate Participation in Student Activities/Campus Events
Student Services Review
- Review campus policies and procedures.
GOVERNANCE COMMITTEE REPRESENTATIVES
All student representatives will receive a notation on their official transcript for their service.
Governance Review Council:
Educational Planning Committee:
Technology Planning Committee:
Professional Development Committee:
Facilities Planning Committee:
Instructional Equipment Committee:
Planning and Resource Allocation Committee:
Guidance, Resources, Integration, and Transformation (GRIT) Committee:
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Council:
COMmunity Hour Committee:
*Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Action (IDEA) Committee:
*IDEA Committee reports directly to the President/Superintendent.
Academic Standards Committee: 1 Vacancy
Curriculum Committee: 1 Vacancy
District Modernization Committee:1 Vacancy
To join or receive more information, email the Office of Student Activities and Advocacy