Congratulations 2021-2022 Incoming ASCOM Board!
@ASCOM.social @ASCOM_social @ASCOMstudents
The Associated Students of College of Marin (ASCOM) are committed to:
- Representing students to the college, to the community, and to the legislative bodies
- Serving as role models while protecting and advancing the rights and interests of students
- Encouraging education, leadership, and participation in democratic processes
- Providing information and activities that positively influence campus life, while welcoming diversity and encouraging scholastic success.
Due to COVID-19 guidance, ASCOM is limiting in person contact by moving their meetings and all election associated events and processes online. Please see information below for more details.
Incoming ASCOM 21-22 BOARD!
President Vice President Senator of
Ana Camacho Sonia Saltzman Haleigh Brown
Senator of Activities and Services (2)
Max Bukow and Fernanda Davila
Senator of Public Relations and Marketing (2)
Emma Mitteregger and Marie Shoenborn
Student State Senate Representative, California Community Colleges
2021-2022 ELECTION INFORMATION - Positions still OPEN!
All interested candidates must fill out an Election Packet and meet with ASCOM's Advisors. All details can be found in the Election Packet. If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Student Activities and Advocacy.
Apply to join the ASCOM 21-22 Board: Election Packet 2021-2022
Requirements to run for ASCOM:
- Must have completed 12 units
- Must have a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Must be currently enrolled in 6 units
- Must be in good academic and student conduct standing
- Must follow all of the election policies of the Education Code
- Must complete the Election Packet 2021-2022, attend a candidate orientation, and meet deadlines outlined in the packet.
ASCOM MEETINGS SPRING 2021
Every Friday from 9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. The Associated Students of College of Marin (ASCOM) meetings will be held remotely until further notice. Please note that there are no meetings during scheduled holidays and campus closures.
Join the ASCOM meeting via Zoom HERE. Meeting ID: 98160615498. Or, you can call in via iPhone one-tap (US Toll): +16699006833,98160615498# or +12532158782,98160615498#
Events and activities for YOU! Find details about spring 2021programs here.
Questions? Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
2020-2021 ASCOM BOARD
|Bertha (Bea) Cazares|
|Student Trustee||Khadija Nakhuda|
|Student Activities and Services Senator|
Student Activities and Services Senator
|Public Relations and Marketing Senator|
Public Relations and Marketing Senator
|Technology Senator||Oliver Reyes|
|State Student Senate Representative||Ryan Nelson|
|Emeritus Representative||Denize Springer|
Sadika Sulaiman Hara
Director of Student Activities & Advocacy Office (SAA)
Equity and Activities Program Coordinator, SAA
Governance Committees - build your professional skills
- Understand the President's goals.
- Develop model of communication between campus constituents.
Increase Student Involvement
- Motivate Participation in Student Activities/Campus Events
Student Services Review
- Review campus policies and procedures.
GOVERNANCE COMMITTEE REPRESENTATIVES
All student representatives will receive a notation on their official transcript for their service.
College Council: Fernando Sanchez Lopez and Bea Cazares
Governance Review Council: Ryan Nelson
Educational Planning Committee: vacant
Technology Planning Committee: Katherine Chuang and Khadija Nakhuda
Professional Development Committee: Oliver Reyes
Facilities Planning Committee: Fernanda Davila
Instructional Equipment Committee: vacant
Planning and Resource Allocation Committee: Evan Boatright and Ana Camacho
Guidance, Resources, Integration, and Transformation (GRIT) Committee: Bea Cazares
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Council: Dawud Anderson-Zafir, James Creed, and Prateek Sunder
COMmunity Hour Committee: Luciano Faria and Tyler Sims
*Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Action (IDEA) Committee: Fernando Sanchez Lopez and Hellen Sigaran
*IDEA Committee reports directly to the President/Superintendent.
Academic Standards Committee: 1 Vacancy
Curriculum Committee: 1 Vacancy
District Modernization Committee:1 Vacancy
To join or receive more information, email the Office of Student Activities and Advocacy