Ask a Counselor

What is “Ask a Counselor”?

This service is to provide COM students with a resource to ask general counseling questions that pertain to reaching their educational goal at College of Marin. For new and prospective students, we highly recommend that you make an in-person counseling appointment.

Ask a Counselor can provide you with the following services:

  • Information regarding COM classes, programs and services
  • Transferability of COM College Courses
  • Referrals to campus and community resources
  • College procedures and academic policy
The following services require an in-person counseling appointment. Please call (415) 485-9432 if your question falls under one of the below topics:
  • Transcript evaluation (high school and college)
  • Academic probation, disqualification/dismissal or readmission counseling
  • Prerequisites and eligibility for classes
  • Transfer Admission Guarantees (TAG)
  • Student Educational Plans (SEP)
  • Assistance with university applications
  • Transfer preparation
  • Personal, psychological, crisis, or career counseling
Please read the FAQ’s before posting your question to a counselor. 
  • The e-counselor does not have access to your personal records or transcripts during the utilization of “Ask a Counselor”; that service is only available during in-person appointments. 
  • Please be aware that due to the nature of the technology, there can be no assurance of confidentiality when using "Ask a Counselor" service.

Submit Your Question

If you need immediate crisis counseling, contact Marin County Mental Health Services (415) 473-6769 or call 911.