Our goal is to connect you with opportunities to test drive your future career.
What is an Internship?
An internship is an on-site, supervised work experience that is related to your major field of study or your career interest. It allows you to gain valuable exposure to the workplace, provides the opportunity for skill development, and gives you a competitive edge in the job search – or a boost for your college essays for transfer students. Internships can be paid or unpaid and held during the summer or throughout the academic year.
Benefits of an Internship
Here are a few reasons to consider an internship:
- Put classroom theories to practice: You’ll gain a better understanding of your major field/industry, and how the concepts you've been learning in class apply in a work setting.
- Decide on a career path: Internships are a great way to experience what it's like to work in your field of interest.
- Build your résumé: Your internship provides valuable material for your college essays, résumé, and cover letters. When it comes to employment, an internship provides you with an edge over other candidates.
- Sharpen your professional and interpersonal skills: An internship will give you confidence and help you build a network of professional contacts.
- Earn college credit: Sign up for Counseling 135 & Counseling 136 to earn credit for your internship.
Securing an internship takes time and preparation. Take a look at the Internship Requirements Checklist to get started. If you have any questions, contact us.
FALL 2017 RESUME & INTERVIEW SKILLS WORKSHOPS
No pre-registration required
|Tuesday, October 10||
|Transfer and Career Center||2:30-4:00PM|
|Wednesday, October 18||Interview Skills||Transfer and Career Center||2:30-4:00PM|
|Tuesday, November 7||
|Transfer and Career Center||4:00-5:30PM|
|Wednesday, November 15||Interview Skills||Transfer and Career Center||4:00-5:30PM|