All registered students, regardless of insurance, are eligible for the same no charge or low cost student health services care.
The Student Health Center is staffed by a physician, registered nurses, and health services assistants who are ready to help students maintain their health. Health services are offered in two ways:
- On a drop-in basis where students are seen by the registered nurse
- By appointment with the physician
- First aid
- Limited care for acute, non-chronic illnesses
- Pregnancy testing, Plan B, contraception information and education
- Physicals for colleges entrance requirements and COM academic programs only
- STD testing twice yearly and referral information
- Over-the-counter, self-care medications
- Lab tests (limited)
- Blood pressure screening
- Vision and hearing testing
- Safe sex information
- Referrals to low cost community agencies
- Personal counseling is available by appointment. Please call (415) 485-9432.
Services for Women including contraception, pap smears, Plan B, STI testing, yeast and vaginitis testing and treatment, and family planning counseling are by referral only. Educational material are readily available.