First impressions are important, especially when interviewing for a job! Make sure you:
- Dress appropriately
- Are clean in appearance
- Arrive 10 minutes early to the interview
- Be courteous and polite
- Be aware of your body language – stand and sit upright
- Show enthusiasm - Smile!
Other ways to prepare for the interview include:
- Research the company beforehand
- Have responses ready for common interview questions
- Practice your interview responses
- Have some questions of your own (not about salary or benefits)
Common interview questions include:
- Can you tell me a little about yourself?
- Tell me what you know about this company.
- What motivates you to do a good job?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Tell me how you keep a positive attitude when the job gets stressful.
- Describe a problem you faced and how you solved that problem.
- Tell me about a time when you were swamped with work and how you handled it.
- Describe a difficult decision you had to make.
- Tell me about a time when you showed initiative at work.
- Tell me about a project you worked on.
- Tell me where you expect to be 5 years from now.
- Do you have any questions for me?