- 1. Where is the Tutoring and Learning Center (TLC) located?
The Tutoring and Learning Center is located in the Learning Resources Building in Room LC160, down the hall from the library, above the bookstore.
- 2. Who is eligible for tutoring?
All registered students at College of Marin are eligible for tutoring services.
- 3. Do I have to pay for your tutoring services?
No, tutoring is offered free of charge for currently registered students and is available for most courses.
- 4. What subjects do you tutor?
We provide tutoring for most of the subjects offered at College of Marin with the exception of English.
- 5. How do I apply for tutoring services?
Applications for free tutoring must be completed each semester. Please go to your MyCOM Portal account and click on the student tab to complete the online Tutoring Request Application, or stop by the Tutoring and Learning Center in LC 160 (Kentfield Campus) to complete an application in person. After you complete your tutoring request application, you are welcome to attend any scheduled drop-in tutoring sessions. Click here to see a complete list of tutoring schedules for all subjects. If you are currently enrolled in any Math class at the College of Marin you can use drop-in Math tutoring any time during our business hours.
- 6. Can you help me with my homework?
Yes, we can assist you with arriving at answers for your homework, however we will not do your homework for you. Our goal is to help you in becoming an independent learner by providing you with excellent studying skills and learning tools.
- 7. Can you help me with a take home quiz/test or exam?
No, we cannot help anyone with take home quizzes and exams.
- 8. Can I form a study group with assistance from a tutor?
Yes, we will do our best to provide you with this request.