Eligibility and Services

EOPS/CARE Services

The EOPS staff is committed to providing EOPS eligible students with support services to help them achieve their educational goals. Services for students who qualify include:

  • Academic, career and personal counseling
  • Book grants
  • Textbook lending library
  • Special EOPS scholarships
  • Basic school supplies
  • Priority registration
  • One-on-one tutoring

If you meet eligibility for the CARE program, you may also qualify for the following services:

  • Textbooks and school supplies
  • Parking permits
  • Transportation grants
  • Lunch vouchers
  • Gas cards

EOPS Eligibility

To qualify for EOPS, students must satisfy all three eligibility requirements:

  1. Income: You must qualify for a Board of Governor's Fee Waiver A or B, or C with a Zero EFC (Expected Family Contribution)
  2. Education: one of the following
    1. Placement test results showing you are eligible for enrollment in English 120 or below or Math 101 or below
    2. You did not graduate from high school or do not have a GED
    3. You are a high school graduate with a GPA of 2.49 or below
    4. You have been previously enrolled in remedial education
    5. Other factors as determined by the EOPS regulations
  3. Units: You must be enrolled as a full time student (12 units or more; some exceptions apply for students with documented disabilities) AND you must have completed fewer than 70 degree applicable units from any institution of higher education.

CARE Eligibility

To qualify for CARE, students must:

  1. Be a CalWORKs or TANF participant
  2. Have at least one child under 14  years old
  3. Be a single-parent head of household
  4. Be eligible for the EOPS program

CalWORKs Services

Services for qualified students include:

  • Academic, career and personal counseling
  • Priority registration
  • Educational supplies
  • Work-study opportunities
  • Workshops for personal and professional development
  • Scholarships

CalWORKs Eligibility

To receive services, students must:

  • Be a cash aid/ CalWORKs recipient from their local County Welfare Department
  • Be referred to school by a County worker
  • Meet with Chanel Brock for the intake process
  • Be enrolled or in the process of enrolling in classes at College of Marin
  • Complete the College of Marin CalWORKs orientation

For more information on general eligibility and to apply online visit www.benefitscal.org